Search Engine Optimization – SEO
SEO is an acronym for “search engine optimization” Deciding to outsource a SEO consultant is a vital decision that can potentially boost your website and save time or damage the reputation of your website to major popular search engines. You are advised to do thorough risk analysis on cons and pros of outsourcing a SEO consultant. However, many SEOs consultants and webmasters provide useful services for website owners which include the following services:
- Review of your site content or structure in relation to SEO
- Do keyword research and analysis
- Support on website content development in relation to SEO
- Provides technical support on website development: for example, domain name, hosting, management, monitoring etc which is contextual to your website and industry
- Management of online business marketing development campaigns
- SEO Ethical website development and management training
- Expertise in specific markets and geographies.etc
Google search results page includes organic search results and often paid advertisement (denoted by the heading “Sponsored Links”). This has no any effect on your site’s presence in our search results. Google does not accepts money to include or rank sites in our search results, and it costs nothing to appear in our organic search results.
These tools can provide you with a great deal of information about how to optimize your site for organic search. Many of these free sources, as well as information on paid search, can be found on Google Webmaster Central.
Before beginning your search for an SEO, it’s a great idea to become SEO informed consumer and get familiar with how search engine optimization work.
We recommend these links:
If you’re thinking about outsourcing a SEO consultant, the good time is when you’re close to redesign your site, or launch a new site etc. At thyis stage, your SEO consultant will ensure that your site is designed to be search engine-friendly from the bottom up. However, a good SEO consultant can also help improve an existing site through major site overhauling.
- Some useful questions to ask an SEO Consultant:
- Do you have samples of your previous SEO work and share some success stories?
- Do you follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines?
- Do you offer any online marketing services or advice to complement your organic search business?
- What kind of results do you expect to see, and in what timeframe? How do you measure your success?
- What is your experience in the industry?
- What is your experience in my country/city?
- What is your experience in developing international sites?
- What are your most important SEO techniques?
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you offer mutually agreed monitoring reports
- Do you conduct training on Website SEO?
- Do you offer remote support and or online support on Website SEO?
While outsourcing SEO consultant/ webmaster for your website, you may encounter one of this type of SEO consultant
1. Ethical and most experienced SEO Consultants (these have experience of more than 5 successful years experience in SEO activities)
2. Ethical and less experienced SEO Consultants (these have experience of less than 5 successful years experience in SEO activities)
3. Ignorant SEO Consultants (these have SEO consultants who are not knowledgeable in either SEO or Google search engine algorithms)
4. Scam SEO Consultants (these are people who pretend to do SEO but in fact they don’t. They just want to rip you money and disappear once they got your money)
How to know them,
a. The normally operate without an office,
b. The normally operate without a website and or formal emails addresses
c. They promise quick promising results at lower prices
- Be aware of Website SEO consultants or agencies that send you email out of the blue.
See example below
“Dear Website Owner,
I visited your website and noticed that you are not listed in most of the major search engines and directories…”
- No one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google.
Beware of SEO Consultants that claim to guarantee rankings, allege a “special relationship” with Google, or advertise a “priority submit” to Google. There is no priority submit for Google. In fact, the only way to submit a site to Google directly is through our Add URL page or by submitting a Sitemap and you can do this yourself at no cost whatsoever.
- Be cautioned if a company is not ready to reveal to you what will they do to achieve the results
Request a brief SEO implementation proposal narrating how the work will be done. If you are not familiar with SEO stuffs, take to you trusted third party to pre proof or take another proposal from the second party. If a SEO consultant creates deceptive or misleading content on your behalf, such as doorway pages or “throwaway” domains, your site could be removed entirely from Google’s index. Ultimately, you are responsible for the actions of any companies you hire, so it’s best to be sure you know exactly how they intend to “help” you. If an SEO has FTP access to your server, they should be willing to explain all the changes they are making to your site.
- You should never have to link to a SEO consultant.
Avoid SEOs that use link harvesting websites or submit your site to thousands of websites. This will not help improve your site, instead your site can be removed permanently from Google listing.
- Be sure to understand where the money goes.
Few SEO consultants will sometimes change their bid prices in real time to create the illusion that they “control” other search engines and can place themselves in the slot of their choice. This is a scam and doesn’t work with Google because Google advertising is clearly separated from search results, but be sure to ask any SEO you’re considering which fees go toward permanent inclusion and which apply toward temporary advertising.
- What are the most common abuses a website owner is likely to encounter?
One common scam is the creation of “shadow” domains that funnel users to a site by using deceptive redirects. These shadow domains often will be owned by the SEO who claims to be working on a client’s behalf. However, if the relationship sours, the SEO may point the domain to a different site, or even to a competitor’s domain. If that happens, the client has paid to develop a competing site owned entirely by the SEO.
Another illicit practice is to place “doorway” pages loaded with keywords on the client’s site somewhere. The SEO promises this will make the page more relevant for more queries. This is inherently false since individual pages are rarely relevant for a wide range of keywords. More insidious, however, is that these doorway pages often contain hidden links to the SEO’s other clients as well. Such doorway pages drain away the link popularity of a site and route it to the SEO and its other clients, which may include sites with unsavory or illegal content.
- What are some other things to look out for?
There are a few warning signs that you may be dealing with a rogue SEO consultants. It’s far from a comprehensive list, so if you have any doubts, you should trust your instincts. Avoid working with SEO consultants who:
- owns shadow domains
- puts links to their other clients on doorway pages
- offers to sell keywords in the address bar
- doesn’t distinguish between actual search results and ads that appear on search results pages
- guarantees ranking, but only on obscure, long keyword phrases you would get anyway
- operates with multiple aliases or falsified WHOIS info
- gets traffic from “fake” search engines, spyware, or scumware
- has had domains removed from Google’s index or is not itself listed in Google
Why web promotion?
Depending on the purpose of web establishment, if a website was or is established for the sole purpose of attracting more customers to buy your products or services then web promotion is a must.
A website by itself can not promote your products, unless massive and strategic promotion campaigns are designed, well planned and implemented, is when your website will start bringing massive customers to buy your products.
What are the things to consider before doing web promotion?
If possible use a marketing consultant to know your customers to be.
- Are they from abroad or locally available?
- Are they from America, Europe, Asia or Africa?
- Are they accessible through search engines?
- Are they found in social network? emails?,
- Are they accessible through downloads sites? or
- not accessible at all. (no need for promotions)
These questions and many more need to be answered before one decide to promote his/her website
What does our SEO Consultant do to promote your website?
- Your website analysis to check SE compliance
- Your website SEO Friendly Re-engineering
- Your current good working keywords identification to avoid keywords repetition
- Your keyword research to select words with optimal result
- Auto and manual submission process begins to major 10 search engines for effective Search Engines Optimization,
- Social network sites membership registration and linking
- Auto and manual Link Exchange Programing,
- Pay Per Click Advertising, with leading directory like Google and facebook
- Auto and manual directory Listing
- Direct Ethical Bulk Email Marketing,
- Newsletter advertising
- Auto and manual e-Books Submission campaigns
These major search engines will be targeted during promotion:
- Bing.com (formerly MSN Search and Live Search)
- Ask.com (formerly Ask Jeeves)
- Baidu (Chinese)
Related articles by Zemanta
- Just Before You Submit To Article Websites Make Sure You Do This (web-traffic-pro.com)